The Hospitality Division of the Wayne Proctor Group is fast growing with a great team! This Island owned and operated franchise is dedicated to promoting values such as communication, teamwork, responsibility, and taking a hands-on approach. Each new hire will receive several months of training to ensure that they know how to give quality work and feel comfortable in their position. We strive to promote from within, to ensure upward mobility for its employees.
We require an energetic, motivated and career-minded new Line Cook for the preparation of high-quality food in a timely, efficient, sanitary and consistent manner. The new Line Cook must be prepared to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure work environment, while maintaining the organizational ability to identify and act on job duties quickly and effectively. The new Line Cook must be prepared to work as a team member in a dynamic workplace, follow all safety procedures, and have a high threshold for heat in a kitchen environment.
The Line Cook will be required to carry out but not limited to the following duties within the kitchen.
· Setting up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
· Preparing ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
· Cooking food in various utensils or grillers
· Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
· Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
· Cook food in various utensils or grillers
· Check food while cooking to stir or turn
· Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
· Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
· Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
· Check quality of ingredients
· Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
· Adhere in all internal policies;
· Communicate effectively with management and other team members;
· Maintain acceptable dress code standards;
· Follow Health & Safety Regulations as wet out by WorkSafeBC;
· Report unsafe working conditions to management;
· Other duties as directed.
· Line Cook takes direction from the Chef/Sous Chef or others in a supervisory position
· Proven experience as cook
· Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware
· Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
· Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
· Ability to work in a team
· Very good communication skills
· Excellent physical condition and stamina, lift 50lb
· High school diploma or equivalent; Diploma from a culinary school will be an advantage
· Stock and place orders when there are shortages