Gas N’ Go General Stores & Markets is a fast growing company with a great team! This Island owned and operated franchise is dedicated to promoting values such as communication, teamwork, responsibility ,and taking a hands-on approach. Each new hire will receive several months of training to ensure that they know how to give quality work and feel comfortable in their position. Gas N’ Go strives to promote from within, to ensure upward mobility for its employees.
We are looking for a responsible and self-motivated individual to work as the Store Manager. This new employee will be working alone as well as in a team setting, and so they must be able to work well with others and be self-motivated to do what the store needs. There is significant autonomy involved in this position, as the Manager will be able to have control over their schedule. The Manager’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining store staff by recruiting, hiring, training, motivating, developing and encouraging, individuals to become members of the team, ensuring excellent customer service.
- Completing store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
- Resolve customer complaints, in a timely and professional manner notifying upper management when necessary.
- Implementing and enforcing established daily operating procedures to ensure store is clean, adequately stocked, organized, and well kept.
- Ensuring all merchandise is stocked and displays are attractive, priced correctly, and displayed in a safe manner.
- Supervising and coaching all store employees (and assistant manager) according to company policy.
- Completing daily paperwork and computer entry in a timely manner
- Monitoring cash over/short, inventory shrinkage, and drive offs daily.
- Conducting Store meetings as needed with employees.
- Have the physical ability to perform all duties of a store cashier regularly.
- Following and enforcing all Company Policies &Established Procedures in the Policy & Procedure Manual
- Implementing Monthly promotions, ensure all POS advertising/signage is properly posted at the proper time.
- Communicating and performing all price change request, mark downs / ups as requested by management.
- Enforcing all Safety and Security Issues and reporting any and all unsafe conditions.
- Conducting regular Health & Safety Meetings and documenting which employees attend.
- Reporting and processing all employee and/ or customer incidents or accidents following company procedure.
- Identifying current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Delegating duties and tasks to assistant manager, supervisor and clerks, to meet objectives and maximize resources
- Communicating company policy, standards and procedures to staff
- Organizing and adjusting staff schedules as needed in accordance with available resources and labour budget
- Stay up to date on cigarette & tobacco legislation as set out by the provincial government
- Evaluating inventory levels and all supplier outdates
- Other duties as directed
We are looking for someone who has a positive outlook and is looking for a challenge. If you are someone who wants to be a part of this team, please submit your resume, we look forward to hearing from you!